The team at Clean Water Guys (United Distributors, Inc.) is driven by the “Hundred Percenters Creed,” which owner Rory Sherman can recite to you by memory. It goes, in part, “I will give 100% of myself just for today, for in life, you will never fail when you (1) do what’s right (2) do what’s fair and (3) do your best consistently.”
“This simple statement has become the sum and substance of our company policy. We attribute our continued success to this belief,” said Kelsey Sheridan of Clean Water Guys (United Distributors, Inc.).
Sherman founded the company in 1979. It has grown into one of the Midwest’s most trusted soft water and water treatment companies, offering a full spectrum of products and services for the home and workplace.
Winning Insights from Our November Winner:
- Providing an Excellent Customer Experience
“We use the acronym CARE (Communication, Attitude, Respect, Expectation) in relation to how we treat our customers,” Sheridan said.
- “A back bone of our company is positive communication and interaction within our team and with our customers.”
- “By ensuring our attitude is optimistic and positive, we foster positive relationships with our customers, which means more than anything to our company.”
- “The pillar of any trusting relationship is respect. Respect for time, needs, budget and home is always on our minds to ensure we are establishing and maintaining the trust of our customers.”
- “To earn and maintain business with our customers, we need to meet and exceed expectations. When possible, go the extra mile and lend a hand in changing a light bulb, or sneak in an extra service call. It makes a difference.”
- Empowering Employees and Creating a Culture in which They Can Grow and Succeed
“To pour the best of our ability into our customers, we must first fill our team,” Sheridan said. “Communication between each department is essential to maintaining a well-oiled machine. Over the years, we have worked to improve our communication, establishing weekly meetings to foster positive communication and engagement. During this set-aside time, we can address concerns, brainstorm on new ways to meet our customer needs, and review the next week so we can start Monday prepared and on the same page.”
- Best Practice Tip
“Take care of your customers. We pride ourselves in finding water solutions that meet our customers’ unique water needs while educating on options and water quality. We have a motto here, ‘Do what you say and say what you do.’ We want to ensure our customers are well-informed in the products and services they’re receiving and that we follow through on our promise of an appropriate water solution or service in a timely manner.”
- The Value of Chamber Involvement
“The Greater Omaha Chamber is an incredible resource to the Omaha metropolitan area. We have utilized business growth opportunities with networking and opportunities for recognition, and we give back with donations of bottled water for events. We are continuously seeking opportunities to connect with small businesses to learn and grow from their own experiences and expertise.”
- Impacting the Community
“Our community is full of incredible organizations. When given the opportunity, we will always do what we can to support their missions. Throughout the year, we provide bottled water or fresh water station donations for a variety of community events in the Omaha Metropolitan area. Some of those organizations include Project Pink’d, Omaha Farmers Market, Summer Arts Festival, Rotary and the Greater Omaha Chamber. It is our honor and delight to share our time and resources with these organizations that support our community members and other small businesses like us.”
Want to learn more?Learn more about Clean Water Guys (United Distributors, Inc.) at www.cleanwaterguys.com.
MORE IN THIS SERIES
You have a great story – tell us!
Excellence is a way of life here – earned not given – and it should be celebrated!