Advocacy & Policy
Championing Pro-Business Public Policy
A pro-business climate is critical to the superior quality of life we enjoy in Greater Omaha. It allows us to attract new businesses to our community and expand the ones currently hiring, serving and producing. It allows us to grow.
The Greater Omaha Chamber’s public policy team is on the political and legislative “front lines,” protecting, supporting and improving the state and local business environment through:
- Development of pro-business public policy and strategy
- Pursuit of legislation, incentives and regulations that enhance economic growth
- Promotion of a shared vision to improve the business climate statewide
- Recruitment and support of pro-business candidates at the state and local levels
- Dialogue with federal, state and local officials and business leaders about issues affecting members
- Coordination of the Chamber’s Agriculture Council and Transportation Council
Political Action Committee
The Chamber’s Political Action Committee (PAC) supports candidates for state and local offices who prioritize the needs of Greater Omaha’s business community. Electing pro-business candidates is one of the most effective ways to further pro-business agendas in state and local government.
The PAC is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from members.
Help us support candidates who support business. Together, our voices can be heard.
Updates & Alerts
The status of the session is, well . . . it’s over. The Legislature wrapped the 2021 regular session on May 27 (at 11:14 a.m. to be exact, but who was...
Seven Days in May (eight technically, but who’s counting). Tuesday marks the 79th day of what had been scheduled as a 90-day session of the Legislature....
The Legislature has completed 70 of the planned 90 days of the 2021 session. Senators have been busy, so far approving 92 measures. That includes the new...