YOUNG PROFESSIONALSWe are next-generation leaders
who shape Greater Omaha’s future.
Built for Young Professionals by Young Professionals
Whether you are looking to volunteer, attend an event or just get to know your city better—the Greater Omaha Chamber Young Professionals council and events can help you deepen your connection to the Omaha community.
The Greater Omaha Chamber Young Professionals develop the next generation of Omaha business leaders through volunteer opportunities and annual events. By creating programs and initiatives for young professionals by young professionals, the council encourages investment in the people that will power Omaha’s future prosperity.
Led by a council, the group connects with Omaha’s leading organizations to develop a metropolitan area that excels at recognizing the contributions of and retaining diverse young professionals.
Stay in the Know
Sign-up to receive our monthly Young Professionals newsletter.
Annual Events for Young Professionals.
YP Day at the Capitol
Each February, YP Day at the Capitol provides insight on the policy process, the function of local government and the history of Nebraska’s Unicameral.
In March, YP Summit brings together 1,500+ young professionals for a day of education, celebration and connection.
Local Omahans introduce attendees—newcomers or life-long locals—to all Omaha has to offer. Hosted twice a year (June and September).
State of Our City
Each October, State of Our City takes you on a deep dive into the topics that matter – curated by Young Professionals for Young Professionals.
One of the many strengths of the YP Council is that we are a very mission-driven group. The YP Council’s vision of Omaha is: A dynamic, inclusive and integrated community where diverse young professionals want to live, work and play. We have one of the most passionate and diverse groups of young professionals working to make our community a better place. I love working alongside our council members to continue to bring the YP Council’s vision of Omaha to fruition.
- Be the voice of young professionals for Greater Omaha Chamber initiatives
- Act as a community advocate on issues impacting young professionals
Meet the YP Council
Haley Armstrong- Kiewit
Katie Cunningham- Nebraska Early Childhood Collaborative
Mark Wong- Impact Merchandising
Patrick Kilcoyne- United Way of the Midlands
Krystal Fox- UNMC
Itzel Lopez- AIM Institute
Alexis Lorence- Kiewit
JoDee Goracke- Bellevue University
Natalie Bahr- Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company
Keristiena Shenouda- University of Nebraska at Omaha
Arione Nelson- Blair Freeman
Fernanda Reutzel- Physicians Mutual
Kelsey Christensen- Physicians Mutual
Brenden O’Brien- Election Systems and Software
Preston Barrett- Omaha Public Power District
Griffen Farrar- Iowa Western Community College
Kiley Armitage- QLI
Brandon Peterson- Kimpton Cottonwood Hotel
Allison Bartlett- Nebraska DHHS
Rebecca Flicher- LALA U.S.
Justin Krug- Workshop
Makaila McGruder- PHS
Lucia Rodriguez Alvizo- CHI
Abby Fogle- Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts
Vanessa Martinez-Hernandez- Heartland Workforce Solutions
Phil Friedrich- Northwestern Mutual
Meray Kim- Mulhall’s
Tess Kuenstling- UNMC
Isaiah Washington- Monarch Logistics
Amanda Sirian- Rooted Synergy Gallery
Tiffany Sessions- UNL Extension/4-H
Patrick Roy- State of Nebraska
Michaela Bradley- LinkedIn / Painted Wolf Studio
Paola Briones- UNO Office of Graduate Studies
Alison Ranniger- Citylight Arts Project
Mohammad Amrollahi- OPPD
Darius Christensen- Alberio Energy
Get Involved with YP Council.
The YP Council seeks capable and passionate young professionals, who are interested in volunteering their time in support of annual events and initiatives led by the Greater Omaha Chamber Young Professionals. Applications are accepted each year in late September, early October.
- Support and partner with the Greater Omaha Chamber staff in advancing our mission, vision, purpose and priority areas.
- Attend 75% of council meetings and communicate absences. The 2022 Council meetings will be held in a hybrid format the 2nd Tuesday of every month from 4:00 to 5:30pm, January through December (July is our volunteering meeting).
- Come prepared to council meetings having read the full agenda and supporting documents.
- Serve on at least one committee (development, attraction, retention and operations), who meet monthly aside from main council.
- To the best of your ability, attend events not limited to YP Summit, YP Day at the Capitol, Intro and other committee events with an engaging attitude that positively represents both the council and Greater Omaha Chamber.
- Be responsive and communicate with council members via Slack and email.
- Commit to a 3-year term, beginning January 2022 – December 2024.
- $100 annual dues (which includes a ticket to attend the YP Summit).
YP Council of Companies
We help companies start and sustain internal young professional groups. The YP Council of Companies (CoC) is an initiative of the Greater Omaha Chamber Young Professionals. We help companies launch successful young professional, emerging leader or employee resource groups (ERGs). We support their efforts to sustain their resource groups long term by providing peer-to-peer networking and learning opportunities.
Want to know more about how to successfully start and grow your young professionals group or ERG?
- Provide a venue for company groups to share ideas, best practices, discuss common issues and collaborate.
- Work to convene group leaders at various events to network, build relationships and share best practices.
- Provide social, networking, development and volunteer opportunities for young professionals.
- Promote the Greater Omaha area as a great community for young professionals to live, work and play.
Contact us if you are interested in starting a young professionals group at your company or for more information about upcoming Council of Companies meetings.
TBA, Council of Companies Chair
Preston Barrett, Omaha Public Power District
Itzel Lopez, AIM
Katie Cunningham, College Possible
Megan Moslander, College Possible
Tess Kuenstling, University of Nebraska Medical Center
Emily Kenney, Mutual of Omaha
- AIM Institute
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- Baird Holm
- Bank of the West
- BCBS of Nebraska
- Bellevue University
- BH Media Group
- Boys Town Emerging Leaders
- C&A Industries
- Caesars Entertainment
- CLS Investments
- CHI Health
- Conagra Brands
- Core Bank
- DLR Group
- Farm Credit Services
- Fidelity National Financial
- First Data
- First National Bank
- Frankel Zacharia CPAs
- Habitat for Humanity
- HDR Inc.
- Joslyn Art Museum
- Kiewit Corporation
- Koley Jessen
- Lamp, Rynearson & Associates
- Leo A Daly
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Ludus Media
- Market Sphere Consulting
- Methodist Health System
- Metropolitan Community College
- Mutual of Omaha
- National Indemnity
- Nebraska Credit Union League
- Nebraska Medicine & UNMC
- Nebraska Furniture Mart
- Northstar Financial
- Omaha Performing Arts
- Oriental Trading Company
- Orion Advisor
- Physicians Mutual
- SAC Federal Credit Union
- Schneider Electric/Telvent DTN
- Silverstone Group
- Securities America
- Security National Bank
- State Farm Insurance
- TD Ameritrade
- Union Pacific
- United Way Midlands
- University of Nebraska Foundation
- University of Nebraska-Omaha
- US Bank
- West Corporation
- West Interactive
- Werner Enterprises
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network
- Young Professionals in Ag
From the Blog
Passion is defined as a strong inclination toward a self-defining activity that people like (or even love), find important, and in which they invest...
Benson is the Perfect Place for a Creative District
Creative industries and the arts have been shown to support the development of a robust workforce, drive rural prosperity, and provide positive...
There always seems to be a million buzz words or phrases flying around in the professional world. One you may have heard of recently is Emotional...