Excellence is a way of life in Greater Omaha.
It’s earned not given – and it should be celebrated.
Each year, we recognize dozens of truly deserving businesses and nonprofits with our Business Excellence Awards. We ask the community to nominate those whose contributions elevate Greater Omaha and make it a better place to do business, work and live. From those nominations, our volunteer selection committee chooses the best-of-the-best as our award winners. In addition to honoring excellence, we also applaud businesses celebrating major milestone anniversaries. This is our way of putting the spotlight on those that have earned it.
2023 AWARD WINNERS
Help us honor the innovators, community builders, and change-makers among us. Winning organizations ignore traditional models and forge new paths, promote teamwork and collaboration, and significantly impact the health and well-being of Greater Omaha. Creating jobs. Building community. Raising our quality of life and immersing ourselves in excellence.
- Carson Wealth
- RTG Medical
- Signature Performance
- Omaha Community Foundation
- McGill Restoration
- Baxter Auto Group
- Velocity Clinical Research
- FNIC Trusted Insurance Advisors
- Fusion Medical Staffing
- ICAN – Institute for Career Advancement Needs
2022 Small Business of the Year
- Hometown Hero Appliance Repair
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands
- Ronald McDonald House Charities in Omaha
- Advance Design & Construction, Inc.
- Bluestone Development
- BNI of the Heartland, LLC
- CASA for Douglas County
- Cox Business
- Diversified Solutions Inc.
- Evonik Corporation
- GROW Nebraska
- Hope Center For Kids
- Ideal Images
- InfiNet Solutions
- Interstate Display Shelving, Inc
- JM Online
- Kahler-Dolce Mortuary
- Keep Kids Alive Drive 25
- Keywest Technology
- Lamson Dugan & Murray LLP
- Max I. Walker Dry Cleaners & Launderers
- Millennium Homes / BW Framing
- Nebraska Cultural Endowment
- Nelson Contracting, LLC
- Northwest Bank – La Vista
- Northwest Bank – Omaha
- Occasion Designed
- Omaha Street School
- planitOmaha, Inc.
- Platte River Concrete Co.
- Scooter’s Coffee
- Stinson LLP
- Sunridge Village LLC
- Westlawn-Hillcrest Funeral Home
- World Class Office Installers, Inc.
- Behlen Technology & Manufacturing, LLC
- Engineering Technologies, Inc.
- Godfather’s Pizza – Corporate Office
- Jensen Tire & Auto Company
- Jerry Ryan Clothing & Sportswear
- Lukas Partners
- M’s Pub, Inc.
- Nebraska City Area Economic Development Corporation
- New Cassel Retirement Center
- TSA Manufacturing
- American Red Cross Blood Services Midwest Region
- Children’s Hospital & Medical Center
- Elliott Equipment Company
- Human Resource Association of the Midlands (HRAM)
- Kidwell, Inc.
- Kohll’s Rx
- Millard Lumber Inc.
- Nebraska Academy of Family Physicians
- Robert Half International
- Christensen Lumber, Inc.
- College of Saint Mary
- The Seldin Firm
- Standard Printing Company
- United Way of the Midlands
- Alter Metal Recycling
- Field Club of Omaha
- Fraser Stryker PC LLO
- I-Go Van and Storage Co.
- Richelieu America Ltd.
- Baird Holm LLP
We look to the business community to help us identify hardworking businesses and nonprofits. We want your nominations for those whose contributions elevate our region and make it a better place for everyone to do business, work and live.
Our volunteer selection committee will select the best-of-the-best to be recognized with a Business Excellence Award. We’ll recognize the winners for their superior work in the areas of innovation, leadership and philanthropy. Those who have won an excellence award two or more consecutive years will be eligible for a sustained excellence award.
Tell us who you think demonstrates Excellence.
GENERAL NOMINATION QUESTIONS:
- The year your company was established.
- The number of employees in the Omaha metro area.
- Highlight important milestones in your company’s history.
- Highlight any important information about your employees and customers that showcases excellence in your company.
AWARD SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:
Excellence takes on many forms. Choose one or more of the characteristics below and describe how it applies to your business (or the business you are nominating).
If a company has won a business excellence award (in any category – innovation, leadership and/or philanthropy) for two or more consecutive years, they may be eligible for a sustained excellence award. The award will be determined by the selection committee.
You may choose to answer any, or all, of the following categories:
Changing the establishment by introducing something better is no easy process, but it’s what true innovators live for. Those recognized for Excellence in Innovation have made innovation part of their everyday ‘routine’ and provide tangible benefits through their work.
- Describe what innovation looks like in your organization, including any particular impacts on your business or customers.
- Cite specific examples from the last three years of when success or failure has nurtured innovation in your culture.
- Describe the leadership philosophy in your organization.
- Provide specific examples from the last three years of how leadership is cultivated and specific examples of where it has made a difference to your outcomes.
Organizations, small and large, with a philosophy of giving, make a significant impact on the Omaha metropolitan community’s health and well-being. Recognition goes to those who go above-and-beyond to foster an environment of community improvement and support.
- Describe how your business approaches community stewardship.
- Offer particular examples from the last three years of the impact your organization’s donation of time, talent or treasure has made to others in our community.
This event is made possible by the generous contributions of several organizations. We appreciate their support.
Interested in being a Business Excellence Awards Sponsor? Contact Anne Branigan for more information.
Small Business Awards Sponsor
For more information about the Business Excellence Awards, contact Brandon Pappas.
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, video, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.