Business Excellence AwardsMay 17, 2018
Excellence is a way of life in Greater Omaha – earned not given – and it should be celebrated!
We want to hear the stories of the hard-working businesses and nonprofits whose contributions elevate our region and make it a better place for everyone to do business, work and live.
You have a great story – tell us!
Our volunteer selection committee will select the best of the best to be recognized with a Business Excellence Award. Each of the award winners will be celebrated on May 17, 2018 – along with the celebration of our 125th birthday. Winners will be recognized for their superior work in the areas of innovation, leadership and philanthropy.
- Nominations are accepted online from Jan. 2 through Feb. 2, 2018. Late nominations will not be considered.
- Companies and individuals may nominate themselves or be nominated by a third party.
- Nominations are scored by the Greater Omaha Business Excellence Awards volunteer selection committee, which is comprised of business leaders and past award recipients from the Greater Omaha area. Individual scores are kept confidential.
- All nominated businesses or individuals must be Greater Omaha Chamber members based in the Greater Omaha metropolitan area: Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy, Saunders and Washington counties in Nebraska and Pottawattamie County in Iowa.
- Final Business Excellence Award winners will be notified by a Greater Omaha Chamber staff member and announced publicly through the news channels chosen by the Chamber and additionally recognized at a private reception.
- Business Excellence Award winners are invited to a celebration on May 17 and are encouraged to invite their networks to help celebrate their recognition. The event is open to the public.
GENERAL NOMINATION QUESTIONS:
- What year was your company established?
- The number of employees in the Greater Omaha area.
- Highlight important milestones in your company’s history.
- Highlight any important information about your employees and customers that showcases excellence among your company.
AWARD SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:
Excellence takes on many forms. Choose one or more of the categories below and describe how it applies to your business (or the business you are nominating). You may choose to answer any or all of the following categories:
Changing the establishment by introducing something better is no easy process, but it’s what true innovators live for. Those recognized for Excellence in Innovation have made innovation part of their everyday ‘routine’ and provide tangible benefits through their work.
- Describe what innovation looks like in your organization, including any particular impacts on your business or customers.
- Cite specific examples of when success or failure has nurtured innovation in your culture.
Excellence in Leadership recognizes those who have a strong vision for the future, a dedication to the betterment of their organizations and our community and a passion for developing others.
- Describe the leadership philosophy in your organization.
- Provide specific examples of how leadership is cultivated and specific examples of where it has made a difference in your outcomes.
Organizations, small and large, with a philosophy of giving make a significant impact on the Omaha metropolitan community’s health and well-being. Recognition goes to those who go above and beyond to foster an environment of community improvement and support.
- Describe how your business approaches community stewardship.
- Offer particular examples of the impact your organization’s donation of time, talent or treasure has made to others in our community.
Is your business celebrating an anniversary of 25, 50, 75, 100, 125 or 150 years in business? If so, how many years?
BUSINESS EXCELLENCE AWARDS VIP RECEPTION
Thursday, April 5, 2018
4 – 5:30 p.m.
The award recipients will be unveiled at this exclusive reception crafted for our awards winners and sponsors. Details and a confidential registration link will be sent to award winners upon acceptance in mid-March 2018.
Registrations are due by Tuesday, April 3.
BUSINESS EXCELLENCE AWARDS COMMUNITY CELEBRATION
Thursday, May 17, 2018
4 – 6 p.m.
Embassy Suites Omaha – La Vista
12520 Westport Pkwy., La Vista, NE 68128
4 – 5 p.m. Networking Cocktail Reception
5 p.m. Program and Presentation of Awards
Appetizers and two drink tickets are included with each ticket.
VIP Table of 10 with Reserved Seating: $850 Member / $1,000 Non-Member
Single Ticket: $35 Member / $50 Non-Member
The format of the event is a networking reception, there is no guaranteed seat at a table for Single Ticket purchasers.
Reservations are due by May 10, 2018. No refunds for cancellations received after May 10, 2018.
For more information about the Business Excellence Awards, contact Kristy Fortenbury, manager – special events.
Photo and Video Release
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, video, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.