Excellence is a way of life in Greater Omaha.
It’s earned not given – and it should be celebrated.
Each year, we recognize dozens of truly deserving businesses and nonprofits with our Business Excellence Awards. We ask the community to nominate those whose contributions elevate Greater Omaha and make it a better place to do business, work and live. From those nominations, our volunteer selection committee chooses the best-of-the-best as our award winners. In addition to honoring excellence, we also applaud businesses celebrating major milestone anniversaries. This is our way of putting the spotlight on those that have earned it.
2021 AWARD WINNERS
Help us honor the innovators, community builders and change makers among us. Winning organizations ignore traditional models and forge new paths, promote teamwork and collaboration, and significantly impact the health and well-being of Greater Omaha. Creating jobs. Building community. Raising our quality of life and immersing themselves in excellence.
- Project Harmony Child Advocacy Center
- Carson Wealth
- Conagra Brands
- Metropolitan Community College
- NMC Group, Inc.
- RTG Medical
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska
- CHI Health
- Lueder Construction
- North End Teleservices, LLC
- Signature Performance
- The Tea Smith
- UNMC Business & Finance
2020 Small Business of the Year
- Brickway Brewery & Distillery
- Anytime Tees
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands
- Methodist Health System
- Omaha Community Playhouse
- Vic Gutman & Associates
- All American Meats
- Artisan Stone Co., Inc.
- CHI Health
- Critter Control of Omaha
- Crown Trophy and Awards
- DataShield Corporation
- Dingman’s Collision Center
- Elisa Ilana
- Elmwood Pharmacy
- Embassy Suites Hotel Downtown/Old Market
- Holiday Inn Express
- International Logistics, Inc.
- Jesuit Academy
- Moylan Kropp
- Nebraska Enterprise Fund
- Object Partners, Inc.
- Power Protection Products, Inc.
- Project Harmony Child Advocacy Center
- Regal Printing Company
- Shamrock Development, Inc.
- Sonburst Communication
- State Farm Insurance dba- Geyer Ins & Fin Svcs Inc.
- The Cleaning Mart, Inc.
- Thiele Geotech, Inc.
- TPG TeleManagement
- Upstream Brewing Company
- Central States Group
- Continental Fire Sprinkler Company
- Five Points Bank
- Greater Omaha Refrigeration
- Latino Center of the Midlands
- Streck, Inc.
- Airlite Plastics Co.
- Cobalt Credit Union
- Frontier Bag Company
- Gunderson’s Jewelers
- Hertz Farm Management, Inc.
- Kirkham Michael
- Malnove of Nebraska
- Metropolitan Omaha Builders Association
- Omaha Public Power District (OPPD)
- Valmont Industries, Inc.
- Watkins Concrete Block Co., Inc.
- Omaha Symphony
- Rotella’s Italian Bakery, Inc.
- Woods Aitken LLP
- Lawlor’s Custom Sportswear, Inc.
- Visiting Nurse Association of the Midlands
- City of Fremont
- Ingersoll-Rand Air Center
We look to the business community to help us identify hardworking businesses and nonprofits. We want your nominations for those whose contributions elevate our region and make it a better place for everyone to do business, work and live.
Our volunteer selection committee will select the best-of-the-best to be recognized with a Business Excellence Award. We’ll recognize the winners for their superior work in the areas of innovation, leadership and philanthropy. Those who have won an excellence award two or more consecutive years will be eligible for a sustained excellence award.
Tell us who you think demonstrates Excellence.
GENERAL NOMINATION QUESTIONS:
- The year your company was established.
- The number of employees in the Omaha metro area.
- Highlight important milestones in your company’s history.
- Highlight any important information about your employees and customers that showcases excellence in your company.
AWARD SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:
Excellence takes on many forms. Choose one or more of the characteristics below and describe how it applies to your business (or the business you are nominating).
If a company has won a business excellence award (in any category – innovation, leadership and/or philanthropy) for two or more consecutive years, they will only be eligible for a sustained excellence award. Those eligible will need to complete the sustained excellence award questions and will not be eligible to win in any other category (innovation, leadership and/or philanthropy).
You may choose to answer any, or all, of the following categories:
Changing the establishment by introducing something better is no easy process, but it’s what true innovators live for. Those recognized for Excellence in Innovation have made innovation part of their everyday ‘routine’ and provide tangible benefits through their work.
- Describe what innovation looks like in your organization, including any particular impacts on your business or customers.
- Cite specific examples from the last three years of when success or failure has nurtured innovation in your culture.
- Describe the leadership philosophy in your organization.
- Provide specific examples from the last three years of how leadership is cultivated and specific examples of where it has made a difference to your outcomes.
Organizations, small and large, with a philosophy of giving, make a significant impact on the Omaha metropolitan community’s health and well-being. Recognition goes to those who go above-and-beyond to foster an environment of community improvement and support.
- Describe how your business approaches community stewardship.
- Offer particular examples from the last three years of the impact your organization’s donation of time, talent or treasure has made to others in our community.
Your organization is a proven winner, recognized before for excellence in innovation, leadership and/or philanthropy. Congratulations for that feat!
- Describe how you maintain a standard of excellence in your organization. Offer particular examples, within the last three years, of a time you rebounded from a problem or crisis.
- What is an example that has taken place, within the last three years, of an enemy of excellence in your organization? How do you guard against it? Include any measurements you use in this assessment.
This event is made possible by the generous contributions of several organizations. We appreciate their support.
Interested in being a Business Excellence Awards Sponsor? Contact Kristy Fortenbury for more information.
Small Business Awards Sponsor
For more information about the Business Excellence Awards, contact Kristy Fortenbury, manager – special events.
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, video, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.