EXCELLENCE IS A WAY OF LIFE IN GREATER OMAHA – EARNED NOT GIVEN – AND IT SHOULD BE CELEBRATED!
We’re making plans for the region’s most inspiring party; our way of celebrating the incredible amount of excellence around us and awarding the truly deserving – those whose contributions elevate our community and make it a better place for everyone to do business, work and live.
Make plans to surround yourself with excellence as we celebrate our slate of winners and amplify their stories.
EVENT DETAILS + REGISTRATION
BUSINESS EXCELLENCE AWARDS COMMUNITY CELEBRATION
Thursday, May 16, 2019
4 – 6 p.m.
Omaha Design Center
1502 Cuming St. | Omaha, NE 68102
4 – 5 p.m. Networking Cocktail Reception
5 p.m. Program and Presentation of Awards
Appetizers and two drink tickets are included with each ticket.
VIP Table with Premier, Reserved Seating during Program: $800 Member / $1,000 Non-Member
Includes 10 tickets at a table with premier, reserved seating during the awards presentation and 10 valet parking vouchers.
VIP Ticket with Reserved Seating during Program: $60 Member / $75 Non-Member
Includes 1 ticket at reserved seating during the awards presentation and 1 valet parking voucher.
Single Ticket in Open Seating during Program: $40 Member / $55 Non-Member
Includes 1 ticket in open seating during the awards presentation.
Reservations are due May 9, 2019. No refunds for cancellations will be granted after this date.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2019 AWARD WINNERS!
Help us honor the innovators, community builders and change makers among us. Winning organizations ignore traditional models and forge new paths, promote teamwork and collaboration, and significantly impact the health and well-being of Greater Omaha. Creating jobs. Building community. Raising our quality of life and immersing themselves in excellence.
Excellence in Innovation
The Bike Union and Coffee
Home Instead Senior Care
Metropolitan Community College
Project Harmony Child Advocacy Center
2018 Small Business of the Year
Peitzmeier Demolition & Concrete Cutting, Inc.
Excellence in Leadership
E & A Consulting Group, Inc.
The Harry A. Koch Co.
Latino Center of the Midlands
LEO A DALY
Makovicka Physical Therapy
Excellence in Philanthropy
Don & Ron’s CARSTAR Auto Body Repair, Inc.
First National Bank
NMC Group, Inc.
Makovicka Physical Therapy
Advance Services, Inc.
Advanced Fire and Safety
America First Investment Advisors, LLC
Bloomfield Residence, LLC
Brodkey, Cuddigan, Peebles, Belmont & Line, LLP
Chastain Insurance Agency, Inc. DBA Chastain Otis
Downs Electric, Inc.
Engineered Controls, Inc.
Eric Francis Photography
FuTex Systems, Inc. – Complete Fund Accounting
Harrison Financial Services
Home Instead Senior Care
Ronald McDonald House Charities in Omaha
Susan G. Komen Great Plains
T. Hurt Construction, Inc.
The Brass Armadillo Antique Mall
Two Men and A Truck
C & A Industries, Inc.
Charlie Graham – A Great Plains Auto Body Company
Classic Auto Sales, Inc.
George Butler Associates, Inc.
Mainelli Mechanical Contractors, Inc.
Mid-Continent Properties, Inc.
Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
Security Equipment, Inc.
Tax Help & O’Malley Financial
Abrahams Kaslow & Cassman LLP
Houck Transit Advertising
Junior League of Omaha, Inc.
Kiwanis Club of Omaha
Merchants Credit Adjusters, Inc.
Orsi’s Italian Bakery & Pizzeria
Concordia University, Nebraska
Malashock’s Jewelry Company
Nebraska State Fair
University of Nebraska
2020 NOMINATION INFORMATION
Nominations for the 2019 Business Excellence Awards closed on Friday, Feb. 8, 2019.
2020 Business Excellence Award nominations will open on early Jan. 2020. If you are interested in being notified when they open, please complete this form and we will contact you when they are available.
- Nominations are accepted online from Jan. 6 through Feb. 7, 2020. Late nominations will not be considered.
- Companies and individuals may nominate themselves or be nominated by a third party.
- Nominations are scored by the Greater Omaha Business Excellence Awards volunteer selection committee, which is comprised of business leaders, sponsor representatives and past award recipients from the Greater Omaha area. Individual scores are kept confidential.
- Individuals serving on the Business Excellence Awards selection committee are not eligible to receive an award. Nominations from a selection committee business will not be considered.
- If a company has won in a specific category (innovation, leadership and/or philanthropy) for two or more years, we strongly encourage the company to apply in an alternative category.
- All nominated businesses or individuals must be Greater Omaha Chamber members based in the Greater Omaha metropolitan area: Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy, Saunders and Washington counties in Nebraska and Pottawattamie county in Iowa.
- Final Business Excellence Award winners will be notified by a Greater Omaha Chamber staff member, announced publicly through news channels chosen by the Chamber and recognized at a private reception.
- Business Excellence Award winners are invited to a celebration on May 16, 2019 and are encouraged to invite their networks to help celebrate their recognition. This event is open to the public.
GENERAL NOMINATION QUESTIONS:
- The year your company was established.
- The number of employees in the Omaha metro area.
- Highlight important milestones in your company’s history.
- Highlight any important information about your employees and customers that showcases excellence in your company.
AWARD SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:
Excellence takes on many forms. Choose one or more of the following categories below and describe how it applies to your business (or the business you are nominating). You may choose to answer any or all of the following categories:
- Describe what innovation looks like in your organization, including any particular impacts on your business or customers.
- Cite specific examples of when success or failure has nurtured innovation in your culture.
Excellence in Leadership recognizes those who have a strong vision for the future, a dedication to the betterment of their organizations and our community and a passion for developing others.
- Describe the leadership philosophy in your organization.
- Provide specific examples of how leadership is cultivated and specific examples of where it has made a difference to your outcomes.
- Describe how your business approaches community stewardship.
- Offer particular examples of the impact your organization’s donation of time, talent or treasure has made to others in our community.
For more information about the Business Excellence Awards, contact Kristy Fortenbury, manager – special events.
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, video, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.