EXCELLENCE IS A WAY OF LIFE IN GREATER OMAHA – EARNED NOT GIVEN – AND IT SHOULD BE CELEBRATED!
We’re making plans for the region’s most inspiring party; our way of celebrating the incredible amount of excellence around us and awarding the truly deserving – those whose contributions elevate our community and make it a better place for everyone to do business, work and live.
Submit your nominations and then make plans to surround yourself with excellence as we celebrate our slate of winners and amplify their stories.
2020 NOMINATION INFORMATION
We want to hear the stories of the hardworking businesses and nonprofits whose contributions elevate our region and make it a better place for everyone to do business, work and live.
You have a great story – tell us!
Our volunteer selection committee will select the best-of-the-best to be recognized with a Business Excellence Award. Each of the award winners will be celebrated on May 14, 2020.
Winners will be recognized for their superior work in the areas of innovation, leadership and philanthropy. Those who have won an excellence award two or more consecutive years will be eligible for a sustained excellence award.
2020 NOMINATION INFORMATION
2020 Business Excellence Award nominations open on January 6! Check out the details below and nominate a worthy organization.
- Nominations are accepted online from Jan. 6 through Feb. 7, 2020. Late nominations will not be considered.
- Companies and individuals may nominate themselves or be nominated by a third party.
- Nominations are scored by the Business Excellence Awards selection committee, which is comprised of volunteer business leaders, sponsor representatives and past award recipients from the Greater Omaha area. Individual scores are kept confidential.
- Individuals (and their employers) serving on the Business Excellence Awards selection committee are not eligible to receive an award. Their nominations will not be considered.
- If a company has won a business excellence award (in any category – innovation, leadership and/or philanthropy) for two or more consecutive years, they will only be eligible for a sustained excellence award. Those eligible will need to complete the sustained excellence award questions and will not be eligible to win in any other category (innovation, leadership and/or philanthropy).
- All nominated businesses or individuals must be Greater Omaha Chamber members based in the Greater Omaha metropolitan area: Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Otoe, Sarpy, and Washington counties in Nebraska and Pottawattamie County in Iowa.
- Final Business Excellence Award winners will be notified by a Greater Omaha Chamber staff member, announced publicly through a press release and recognized at a private VIP reception.
- Business Excellence Award winners will be honored May 14 and are encouraged to invite their networks to help celebrate their recognition. This event is open to the public.
GENERAL NOMINATION QUESTIONS:
- The year your company was established.
- The number of employees in the Omaha metro area.
- Highlight important milestones in your company’s history.
- Highlight any important information about your employees and customers that showcases excellence in your company.
AWARD SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:
Excellence takes on many forms. Choose one or more of the characteristics below and describe how it applies to your business (or the business you are nominating).
If a company has won a business excellence award (in any category – innovation, leadership and/or philanthropy) for two or more consecutive years, they will only be eligible for a sustained excellence award. Those eligible will need to complete the sustained excellence award questions and will not be eligible to win in any other category (innovation, leadership and/or philanthropy).
You may choose to answer any, or all, of the following categories:
Changing the establishment by introducing something better is no easy process, but it’s what true innovators live for. Those recognized for Excellence in Innovation have made innovation part of their everyday ‘routine’ and provide tangible benefits through their work.
- Describe what innovation looks like in your organization, including any particular impacts on your business or customers.
- Cite specific examples of when success or failure has nurtured innovation in your culture.
Excellence in Leadership recognizes those who have a strong vision for the future, a dedication to the betterment of their organizations and our community and a passion for developing others.
- Describe the leadership philosophy in your organization.
- Provide specific examples of how leadership is cultivated and specific examples of where it has made a difference to your outcomes.
Organizations, small and large, with a philosophy of giving, make a significant impact on the Omaha metropolitan community’s health and well-being. Recognition goes to those who go above-and-beyond to foster an environment of community improvement and support.
- Describe how your business approaches community stewardship.
- Offer particular examples of the impact your organization’s donation of time, talent or treasure has made to others in our community.
Experience comes with time, and every year an organization operates is a testament to its ability to serve, allowing it to uplift the community and contribute to the strength and growth of the region. Milestones matter, and anniversaries of 25, 50, 75, 100, 125 or 150 years in business mark the dedication of organizational stakeholders, as well as the commitment of customers to the business or nonprofit. Share the number of years your organization has been in operation.
Your organization is a proven winner, recognized before for excellence in innovation, leadership and/or philanthropy. Congratulations for that feat!
- Describe how you maintain a standard of excellence in your organization. Offer particular examples, within the last three years, of a time you rebounded from a problem or crisis.
- What is an example that has taken place, within the last three years, of an enemy of excellence in your organization? How do you guard against it? Include any measurements you use in this assessment.
EVENT DETAILS + REGISTRATION
BUSINESS EXCELLENCE AWARDS VIP RECEPTION
Thursday, April 2, 2020
4:30 – 6 p.m.
The award recipients will be unveiled at this exclusive reception crafted for our awards winners and sponsors. Details and a confidential registration link will be sent to award winners upon acceptance in mid-March 2020.
Registrations are due by Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
BUSINESS EXCELLENCE AWARDS COMMUNITY CELEBRATION
Thursday, May 14, 2020
4 – 6 p.m.
Omaha Design Center
1502 Cuming St. | Omaha, NE 68102
4 – 5 p.m. Networking Cocktail Reception
5 p.m. Program and Presentation of Awards
Appetizers and two drink tickets are included with each ticket.
VIP Table with Premier, Reserved Seating during Program: $850 Member / $1,000 Non-Member
Includes 10 tickets at a table with premier, reserved seating during the awards presentation and 10 valet parking vouchers.
VIP Ticket with Reserved Seating during Program: $60 Member / $75 Non-Member
Includes 1 ticket at reserved seating during the awards presentation and 1 valet parking voucher.
Single Ticket in Open Seating during Program: $40 Member / $55 Non-Member
Includes 1 ticket in open seating during the awards presentation.
Reservations are due by May 7, 2020. No refunds for cancellations will be granted after this date.
Small Business Awards Sponsor
For more information about the Business Excellence Awards, contact Kristy Fortenbury, manager – special events.
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, video, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.