EXCELLENCE IS A WAY OF LIFE IN GREATER OMAHA – EARNED NOT GIVEN – AND IT SHOULD BE CELEBRATED!
We’re making plans for the region’s most inspiring party; our way of celebrating the incredible amount of excellence around us and awarding the truly deserving – those whose contributions elevate our community and make it a better place for everyone to do business, work and live.
Submit your nominations and then make plans to surround yourself with excellence as we celebrate our slate of winners and amplify their stories.
2019 NOMINATION INFORMATION
You have a great story – tell us!
Our volunteer selection committee will select the best-of-the-best to be recognized with a Business Excellence Award. Each of the award winners will be celebrated at a networking reception and recognized for their superior work in the areas of innovation, leadership and philanthropy.
- Nominations are accepted online from Jan. 7 through Feb. 8, 2019. Late nominations will not be considered.
- Companies and individuals may nominate themselves or be nominated by a third party.
- Nominations are scored by the Business Excellence Awards volunteer selection committee, which is comprised of business leaders, sponsor representatives and past award recipients from the Greater Omaha area. Individual scores are kept confidential.
- Individuals serving on the Business Excellence Awards selection committee are not eligible to receive an award. Nominations will not be considered.
- If a company has won in a specific category (innovation, leadership and/or philanthropy) for two or more years, we strongly encourage the company to apply in an alternative category.
- All nominated businesses or individuals must be Greater Omaha Chamber members based in the Greater Omaha metropolitan area: Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy, Saunders and Washington counties in Nebraska and Pottawattamie county in Iowa.
- Final Business Excellence Award winners will be notified by a Greater Omaha Chamber staff member, announced publicly through news channels chosen by the Chamber and recognized at a private reception.
- Business Excellence Award winners are invited to a celebration on May 16 and are encouraged to invite their networks to help celebrate their recognition. This event is open to the public.
- The year your company was established.
- The number of employees in the Omaha metro area.
- Highlight important milestones in your company’s history.
- Highlight any important information about your employees and customers that showcases excellence in your company.
Excellence takes on many forms. Choose one or more of the following categories below and describe how it applies to your business (or the business you are nominating). You may choose to answer any or all of the following categories:
- Describe what innovation looks like in your organization, including any particular impacts on your business or customers.
- Cite specific examples of when success or failure has nurtured innovation in your culture.
Excellence in Leadership recognizes those who have a strong vision for the future, a dedication to the betterment of their organizations and our community and a passion for developing others.
- Describe the leadership philosophy in your organization.
- Provide specific examples of how leadership is cultivated and specific examples of where it has made a difference to your outcomes.
- Describe how your business approaches community stewardship.
- Offer particular examples of the impact your organization’s donation of time, talent or treasure has made to others in our community.
EVENT DETAILS + REGISTRATION
BUSINESS EXCELLENCE AWARDS VIP RECEPTION
4 – 5:30 p.m.
The award recipients will be unveiled at this exclusive reception crafted for our awards winners and sponsors. Details and a confidential registration link will be sent to award winners upon acceptance in mid-March 2019. Registrations are due by Tuesday, April 2.
BUSINESS EXCELLENCE AWARDS COMMUNITY CELEBRATION
4 – 6 p.m.
Omaha Design Center
1502 Cuming St. | Omaha, NE 68102
4 – 5 p.m. Networking Cocktail Reception
5 p.m. Program and Presentation of Awards
Appetizers and two drink tickets are included with each ticket.
VIP Table with Premier, Reserved Seating during Program: $800 Member / $1,000 Non-Member
Includes 10 tickets at a table with premier, reserved seating during the awards presentation and 10 valet parking vouchers.
VIP Ticket with Reserved Seating during Program: $60 Member / $75 Non-Member
Includes 1 ticket at reserved seating during the awards presentation and 1 valet parking voucher.
Single Ticket in Open Seating during Program: $40 Member / $55 Non-Member
Includes 1 ticket in open seating during the awards presentation.
Reservations are due May 9, 2019. No refunds for cancellations will be granted after this date.
For more information about the Business Excellence Awards, contact Kristy Fortenbury, manager – special events.
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, video, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.