Friday, March 15, 2019
CHI Health Center Omaha
455 N. 10th St.
(Formerly CenturyLink Center Omaha)
YP Summit Promise
For those in motion, it’s about change – about bending space and slicing time. It’s about professionalism and perspective. It’s about activating curiosity and cultivating community growth. It’s about everyone. It’s about you.
Our promise is to provide an inclusive experience that will foster the personal and professional development of YPs in Greater Omaha.
Over the course of the day, through change-making keynotes and empowering breakouts, we will celebrate differences, foster connections, grow inclusivity and initiate positive, community-enhancing change – all with the goal of bringing a new layer of vibrancy to our community.
Breakout Speaker RFPs
The YP Summit is an annual event that brings together more than 1,500 young professionals and community leaders under one roof for an entertaining and educational day of personal, professional and community development.
To deliver on our promise, we are seeking proposals from candidates who are interested in engaging with attendees via a large group session or workshop during the YP Summit.
Breakout Session Categories
We are focusing on identifying speakers who will engage with young professionals in a meaningful way by sharing their expertise, stories, advice, and nuggets of knowledge and wisdom on any number of topics that speak to the professional and personal growth of attendees or the betterment of the community in which we live, work, and play.
Examples of topics include, but are not limited to:
- Professional Development
Engaging and intentional content that will help YPs be more successful in the workplace.
- Personal Development (including health and well-being)
Inspiring content that will help YPs live a more happy or successful life, both inside and outside of their respective careers.
- Community and Economic Development
What will empower YPs to enhance OUR city and actively engage with the local public and private sectors to build strong communities, industries and markets.
You’re the expert, so let us hear your ideas! What innovative or “not your regular” conference workshops do YOU think YPs need to hear?
- Meet all deadlines established by the Chamber and/or YP Summit Planning Committee in order to provide the proper information, 50-75 word summary of presentation, headshot, materials, etc. in order to ensure a successful and smooth planning process and promotion of your session.
- Special equipment or material needs will be coordinated with your assigned speaker liaison and the Chamber events team.
- Communicate regularly with your assigned speaker liaison leading up to the Speaker’s Workshop and event.
- Create presentations that are energetic, engaging and, where appropriate, an interactive space for dialogue.
- Provide all materials or handouts for session participants. A PDF for these materials are due to the Greater Omaha Chamber by March 1, 2019.
- Provide content that is informative and relevant to the Greater Omaha community and its working young professionals while leading a 45 minute breakout session for up to 300 participants on Friday, March 15!
Monday, Aug. 27 – Breakout Speaker RFP Applications Open!
Monday, Sept. 24 at 11:59 p.m. – Breakout Speaker RFP Applications Close!
Friday, Oct. 5 – Candidates Selected for an Interview will be notified no later than this date.
Monday, Oct. 15 – Wednesday, Oct. 17 – Breakout Speaker Interviews.
Monday, Oct. 29 – Final Candidates Selected and Notified by Programming Committee.
At this time, you will be connected with your speaker liaison and a request for more information regarding your session will take place.
For any questions regarding this process, please contact 2019 YP Summit programming co-chair Ashlei Spivey.
The YP Summit is made possible thanks to the generous contributions of several organizations.
Interested in being a sponsor? Contact Sarah Moylan.
For more information about the YP Summit, contact Sarah Moylan.
Photo and Video Release
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, videos, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.
© 2017 Greater Omaha Chamber.