We know many of you like to go all-out on Black Friday – a turkey- and pumpkin pie-fueled shopping frenzy. Just be sure to hold a little something back for our small businesses. That’s right – Saturday, November 24, is Small Business Saturday, a fabulous way to keep that shopping vibe alive after Black Friday and support our hard-working small business owners.
Need some help formulating your SBS game plan? Pick and choose from the itinerary below – proof that shopping small can be big fun.
- Get that pump-up playlist ready because “No Coasting Allowed” also applies to our full-court shopping press. Since buying local is our thing, enhance the experience by downloading the Hear Nebraska & We Don’t Coast free mixtape featuring local artists.
- Rise and shop! It’s going to be a full day – load up on caffeine at Zen Coffee or grab a breakfast treat at The Omaha Bakery.
- While you’re fresh, get a jump start on your Christmas shopping. Find the perfect local gift at The Omaha Gift Company or Hot Shops Art Center, or make the perfect local gift – truly one-of-a-kind – at The Makery.
- Reload with a power lunch at Vitality Bowls.
- Recharge with a little pampering at Oasis Massage and Spa.
- Get those holiday ensembles together as you shop for you at Four Sisters Boutique, Pretty in Patina or Silo.
- Enjoy a mid-day snack at Chocolaterie Stam, eCreamery or Carson’s Cookie Fix, and/or wrap your hands around a hot drink at The Tea Smith or Crane Coffee.
- Get in the holiday decorating mood by strolling the Miracle on Farnam holiday window displays at Midtown Crossing (which is packed with locally-owned, small business) Take that inspiration to Holidynamics, a local small business that specializes in holiday décor.
- Shopping well done! Put your bags down and your feet up. Reward yourself with a glass of wine at Corkscrew Wine & Cheese or a craft brew at Benson Brewery.
- Just remembered what you forgot? No worries, our locals have you covered online as well – from apparel and limit-edition kicks at RDQLUS to luxurious (but affordable) handmade jewelry at Elisa Ilana. After you complete your online order, voila – you’re perfectly positioned to continue binge-watching “The Haunting of Hill House.” Nice.
Small Business Saturday
We love our small business members – and you should too!
Let’s shop small together on Nov. 24.
Get your business ready for the big day!
Belong to the Chamber
Together, we accomplish so much more than any one person or business can accomplish alone.