Omaha Executive Institute
The Omaha Executive Institute (OEI) is a program offered by the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce exclusively for senior level executives and their spouses who are new to their positions and/or new to the community. OEI is offered once a year with monthly seminars in October – May. Enrollment is limited to 35 individuals. The program explores the issues, challenges and opportunities of Greater Omaha. Topics are selected to help participants understand the community in which they are now living and doing business.
Tuition for the program is $5,000 per couple, $2,500 per person. Deadline for enrollment in the program is September 15, 2023.
Monthly seminars are held from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. with programming and dinner. Networking time is included with each seminar to encourage interaction among participants and speakers. We will observe precautionary measures as needed to promote safety, adjusting to a virtual setting if circumstances dictate.
- Broaden the participants’ working knowledge of the community by providing an overview of Omaha’s economic, political, and civic structure, resources and leadership.
- Acquaint participants with formal and informal decision-making channels in Omaha.
- Provide opportunities to learn about unique locations in the community.
- Introduce members to contemporaries in diverse organizations.
- Assist participants in connecting with community activities consistent with their interests, experiences, and availability.
- Offered once a year
- Enrollment limited to 35 individuals
- Seminars are held in the evening from 5:30–8:30 p.m.
- Each seminar begins with a reception and concludes with dinner, giving participants the opportunity to interact with speakers and other participants.
- Opportunities to meet with past Omaha Executive Institute participants will be offered periodically through social and educational programs.
- Tuition for the program: $5,000 per couple, $2,500 per person.
2023-24 Schedule of Seminars
Thursday, November 9 | Economy & Business
Thursday, December 7 | Quality of Life
Thursday, January 11 | Education
Thursday, February 8 | Healthcare & Human Services
Thursday, March 14 | Government
Tuesday, April 9 | City Environment (bus tour)
Spring, 2024 TBD | USSTRATCOM
Senior Director, Leadership Development