We grow thriving companies.
We’re home to more than 45,000 businesses, including four Fortune 500 and five Fortune 1000 headquarters. We’re passionate about this community and the companies that thrive here. We work hard to keep the business climate friendly and taxes moderate. Our cost of living is low, our quality of life is high – and our steady economic growth is the envy of the nation.
Representing a two-state, six-county region, we serve as a one-stop center for all of your economic development needs.
Avenues of assistance include:
- Facilitating connections with funding and assistance agencies
- Identifying buildings and sites
- Providing detailed strategic demographic information
- Measuring workforce availability and recruiting needs
- Researching economic trends
- Providing guidance for incentives and job training programs
- Connecting you with the resources you need to move your business to the next level
Looking to move or expand your business?
Let our team assist you with one of the most important business decisions you can make! Assistance is available in the following areas:
- Connections and referrals to local resource providers
- Real estate
Taxes & Incentives
We work hard to keep the business climate friendly and taxes moderate, valuing the contributions that businesses make to our economy and our quality of life. Our incentive and training programs are available to businesses of all sizes and a wide variety of industries, benefiting businesses in the following areas:
- Reduction or elimination of property, payroll, income and/or sales tax liability
- Customized job training
- Special financing, grants and loans
Opportunity Zones are designated in economically distressed communities to spur investments. The Greater Omaha Region has ten census tracts that have been designated as opportunity zones, located in Douglas, NE; Dodge, NE; and Pottawattamie, IA counties. Investment in these areas, when meeting eligibility requirements, will receive preferential tax treatment.
Contact our team to find out more about the properties and communities in Greater Omaha.
Marco Floreani, Senior Director, Business Development
Throughout our region, you’ll find a large selection of commercial, industrial, manufacturing, retail and multi-use real estate. Search all available listings to find existing available sites and buildings that meet your unique business needs.
Our GO Ready Certified Sites are suited for industrial and/or data center needs. Each site has been vetted through a standardization process to meet the requirements of industry.
Workforce Trends & Information
Local and State Resources
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- NEworks Publications from the Nebraska Department of Labor
- Labor Market Regional Reviews
- Nebraska Workforce Trends