We grow thriving companies.
We’re home to more than 45,000 businesses, including four Fortune 500 and five Fortune 1000 headquarters. We’re passionate about this community and the companies that thrive here. We work hard to keep the business climate friendly and taxes moderate. Our cost of living is low, our quality of life is high – and our steady economic growth is the envy of the nation.
Representing a two-state, six-county region, we serve as a one-stop center for all of your economic development needs.
Avenues of assistance include:
- Facilitating connections with funding and assistance agencies
- Identifying buildings and sites
- Providing detailed strategic demographic information
- Measuring workforce availability and recruiting needs
- Researching economic trends
- Providing guidance for incentives and job training programs
- Connecting you with the resources you need to move your business to the next level
Looking to move or expand your business? Let our team assist you with one of the most important business decisions you can make!
Assistance is available in the following areas:
- Connections and referrals to local resource providers
- Real estate
Find existing available sites and buildings that meet your unique business needs.
Taxes & Incentives
We work hard to keep the business climate friendly and taxes moderate, valuing the contributions that businesses make to our economy and our quality of life.
Our incentive and training programs are available to businesses of all sizes and a wide variety of industries, benefiting businesses in the following areas:
- Reduction or elimination of property, payroll, income and/or sales tax liability
- Customized job training
- Special financing, grants and loans
|Business Assistance and Financing||Angel Investor Tax Credits|
|Capital Gains Exemption||Demonstration Fund|
|Community Development Block Grants (CDBG)||EB-5 Iowa Regional Center|
|Community Improvement Financing||Employee Stock Ownership Plan|
|Customized Job Training Program||Employee Training|
|Greater Omaha Foreign Trade Zone No. 19||Enterprise Zones|
|Local Municipal Economic Development Act||High Quality Jobs|
|Manufacturing Equipment Sales Tax Exemption||Innovation Fund Tax Credit|
|Nebraska Advantage Program (LB 312)||Iowa Capital Access|
|Nebraska Department of Labor’s Workforce Development||Iowa Innovation Acceleration|
|Nebraska Worker Training Program||Iowa Small Business Loan Support Program|
|Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)||Iowa Student Internship|
|Workforce Investment Act (WIA)||New Jobs Tax Credit|
|Work Opportunity Tax Credit||Research Activities Credit|
|Small Business Credit Initiative Programs|
|Targeted Jobs Withholding Tax Credit Pilot Program|
|Targeted Small Business|