Oct. 21, 2021 | CHI Health Center Omaha
Ready Yourself to Make Powerful and Positive Change.
You can transform your workplace and develop strategies to address the societal disparities that create barriers to access. Your attendance at The Conference on Opportunity, Diversity and Equity will arm you with the tools to take action and make an impact.
Come ready. Engage openly. Leave empowered.
Follow #TheConferenceOMA on social.
Download the official event workbook, a user guide for the event app and social share graphics. Be sure to tag Omaha Chamber and use #TheConferenceOMA.
Interested in attending the Conference on Diversity, Opportunity and Equity, but need a little help getting there?
The Greater Omaha Chamber will award ten (10) scholarships, which include one (1) individual registration to The Conference. Each scholarship will cover $100 of the applicant’s registration fee. The applicant is responsible for the remaining $25 to attend.
Applications are now closed. Applicants will be notified no later than Friday, Sept. 11, 2020 regarding their status.
Breakout Presenter RFPs
Each year, we announce a call for submissions for Breakout Speaker applications. Any individual interested in providing quality content focused on diversity, equity and inclusion is welcome to submit an RFP. Content should be focused on workplace or community DEI, or DEI for individual advocates. To be considered, complete and submit the electronic application.
RFP applications are now closed.
Applications are available from Wednesday, April 15, 2020 until Friday, May 1 at 11:59 p.m. To be considered, complete the electronic application within the allotted timeframe. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants will be notified no later than Friday, June 5, 2020 of their status. If selected, speakers will be contacted with additional details.
Questions about applying to speak? Contact Bianca Harley.
Breakout Speaker applications are available to any individual interested in providing quality content focused on diversity, equity and inclusion. Content should be focused on workplace or community DEI, or DEI for individual advocates.
Applicants must be prepared to present via a virtual conference.
Presentation topics should align with one of the following tracks:
- Workplace DEI – Managers: Managers play a crucial role in advocating and modeling inclusive behavior for their teams. These sessions should provide actionable insight for managers, such as building and shaping the most inclusive teams, modeling inclusive behavior and setting team expectations, responding to non-inclusive behavior, etc.
- Workplace DEI – ERG’s (Employee Resource Groups): These sessions should help ERG’s increase their impact and effectiveness by providing strategy on membership and resources for improving organizational results.
- Workplace DEI – Employment Practices & Strategy: Sessions should provide insight on DEI programs, best practices and strategies that aid in achieving objectives that foster increased diversity, an inclusive culture and positive business outcomes aligned with the all aspects of a company’s overall strategy.
- Community DEI: These sessions should identify tactical items for becoming a diverse and inclusive community that honors, welcomes and accepts all people. We welcome sessions overviewing policy and practices impacting housing, criminal justice reform, economic development, health disparities, education and more.
- DEI for Individual Advocates: Everyone can be a D&I champion in their community. These sessions should help individuals discover their individual role in transforming communities and workplaces to be equitable and welcoming places.
If I am selected, will I have to pay to attend the event?
If you are selected, you will receive a complimentary ticket to The Conference.
How many people will hear/see my presentation?
The virtual audience might mean many more viewers will enjoy your insight. Expect up to 100 attendees at your session, although we cannot guarantee a specific number.
Who owns my content?
You own your words, however, you will be asked to sign a release regarding distribution of your content, and use of your likeness, relative to this event. While the ideas are yours, The Conference oversight committee will make decisions regarding distribution of your recorded session.
What audio/visual equipment is available?
If you are selected, you will receive a follow-up communication designed to address these details.
Will I be evaluated?
Yes. Participants (those who view your presentation) will be invited to provide feedback about your session. This information will be shared with you after the event.
What about an introduction before I speak?
Your application asks for a bio. Be clear and specific in completing this section. Your bio will be used to build your introduction.
I have a product to sell, may I do so during my presentation?
No. This is not a venue for product sales or promotion.
How many guests may I bring with me to attend my session?
The Conference is for registered attendees. If your guests have paid for a registration, they may attend your session.
What kind of promotion will I receive for my participation?
If you are selected, promotional opportunities, and expectations, will be discussed. The Greater Omaha Chamber is responsible for all event promotion.
Will you need a copy of my presentation beforehand?
Yes. We will need to either discuss or review your content prior to presentation. If you are selected, you will receive a follow-up communication designed to address these details.
CODE CHAMPION SPONSORS
Bland & Associates, P.C.
Metropolitan Utilities District
Home Instead Senior Care
Commitment to Opportunity, Diversity and Equity
The Greater Omaha Chamber’s Commitment to Opportunity, Diversity and Equity (CODE) initiative works to address diversity, inclusivity, equity and access to opportunity in Greater Omaha. We are forming an employer coalition that aims to rally the business community to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace by working collectively across organizations and sectors. All companies are encouraged to join us.
Photo and Video Release
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, videos and audio recordings containing your likeness, image and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.
© 2017 Greater Omaha Chamber.