October 6, 2022CHI Health Center Omaha
Ready yourself to make powerful and positive change at The Conference on Opportunity, Diversity and Equity. Expect to hear uncommon and unexpected approaches to transforming your workplace and leave equipped with unique tools to take action and make an impact.
Come ready. Engage openly. Leave empowered.
Follow #TheConferenceOMA on social.
Download the official event attendee guide and Zoom background graphics.
Interested in attending the Conference on Diversity, Opportunity and Equity, but need a little help getting there?
The Greater Omaha Chamber will award twenty (20) scholarships, which include one (1) individual registration to The Conference. Each scholarship will cover $100 of the applicant’s registration fee. The applicant is responsible for the remaining $25 to attend. Applications due by September 20.
Applications are now closed for 2021.
Breakout Presenter RFPs
Each year, we announce a call for submissions for Breakout Speaker applications. Breakout Speaker applications are available to any individual interested in providing quality content focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Content should be focused on workplace or community DEI, or DEI for individual advocates.
Uncomfortable conversations. Unexpected insights. Unfiltered education. The Conference on Opportunity, Diversity and Equity is looking for breakout session speakers who will bring uncommon and unexpected approaches as they help leaders take bold steps in their DEI journeys.
RFP applications are now closed.
Applications are available from Thursday, April 15, 2021, until Sunday, May 9, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. To be considered, complete the electronic application within the allotted time frame. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants will be notified no later than Friday, June 11, 2021, of their status.
Questions about applying to speak? Contact Susie Owens.
Breakout Speaker applications are available to any individual interested in providing quality content focused on diversity, equity and inclusion. Content should be focused on workplace or community DEI, or DEI for individual advocates.
Applicants must be prepared to present via a virtual conference.
Presentation topics should align with one of the following tracks:
- Workplace DEI – Managers: Managers play a crucial role in advocating and modeling inclusive behavior for their teams. These sessions should provide actionable insight for managers, such as building and shaping the most inclusive teams, modeling inclusive behavior and setting team expectations, responding to non-inclusive behavior, etc.
- Workplace DEI – ERG’s (Employee Resource Groups): These sessions should help ERG’s increase their impact and effectiveness by providing strategy on membership and resources for improving organizational results.
- Workplace DEI – Employment Practices & Strategy: Sessions should provide insight on DEI programs, best practices and strategies that aid in achieving objectives that foster increased diversity, an inclusive culture and positive business outcomes aligned with the all aspects of a company’s overall strategy.
- Community DEI: These sessions should identify tactical items for becoming a diverse and inclusive community that honors, welcomes and accepts all people. We welcome sessions overviewing policy and practices impacting housing, criminal justice reform, economic development, health disparities, education and more.
- DEI for Individual Advocates: Everyone can be a D&I champion in their community. These sessions should help individuals discover their individual role in transforming communities and workplaces to be equitable and welcoming places.
If I am selected, will I have to pay to attend the event?
If you are selected, you will receive a complimentary ticket to The Conference.
How many people will hear/see my presentation?
The virtual audience might mean many more viewers will enjoy your insight. Expect up to 100 attendees at your session, although we cannot guarantee a specific number.
Who owns my content?
You own your words, however, you will be asked to sign a release regarding distribution of your content, and use of your likeness, relative to this event. While the ideas are yours, The Conference oversight committee will make decisions regarding distribution of your recorded session.
What audio/visual equipment is available?
If you are selected, you will receive a follow-up communication designed to address these details.
Will I be evaluated?
Yes. Participants (those who view your presentation) will be invited to provide feedback about your session. This information will be shared with you after the event.
What about an introduction before I speak?
Your application asks for a bio. Be clear and specific in completing this section. Your bio will be used to build your introduction.
I have a product to sell, may I do so during my presentation?
No. This is not a venue for product sales or promotion.
How many guests may I bring with me to attend my session?
The Conference is for registered attendees. If your guests have paid for a registration, they may attend your session.
What kind of promotion will I receive for my participation?
If you are selected, promotional opportunities, and expectations, will be discussed. The Greater Omaha Chamber is responsible for all event promotion.
Will you need a copy of my presentation beforehand?
Yes. We will need to either discuss or review your content prior to presentation. If you are selected, you will receive a follow-up communication designed to address these details.
BREAKOUT SESSION SPONSOR
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska
Children’s Hospital & Medical Center
Farm Credit Services of America
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha
Home Instead Senior Care
Metropolitan Utilities District
Northern Natural Gas Company
University of Nebraska System
Commitment to Opportunity, Diversity and Equity
The Greater Omaha Chamber’s Commitment to Opportunity, Diversity and Equity (CODE) initiative works to address diversity, inclusivity, equity and access to opportunity in Greater Omaha. We are forming an employer coalition that aims to rally the business community to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace by working collectively across organizations and sectors. All companies are encouraged to join us.
Photo and Video Release
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image and/or voice and authorize the Greater Omaha Chamber to use photographs, videos and audio recordings containing your likeness, image and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.
© 2017 Greater Omaha Chamber.