Resources Available for Those Impacted
Historic flooding that began in Nebraska and Iowa mid-March, and now includes Northern Missouri, has caused unprecedented damage throughout cities, towns, suburbs and agricultural hubs across the middle U.S.
While the March 21 approval of Federal aid to Nebraska (where 77 of the state’s 93 counties were impacted by spring floods), will bring some relief, recovery efforts in Nebraska and Iowa have been bolstered by a host of resources* available to those most impacted by the storms.
Shelters, Health Resources, Website Resources:
Nebraska Emergency Management Agency – Flooding, How Do I Stay Safe?
Iowa Emergency Management Association
Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services
Relief Agencies Coordinating Repairs:
Midwest Crisis Cleanup
Public Flood Relief Donation Management Center:
UNMC, Nebraska Medicine, UNO
Reconnecting Your Power Following a Flood:
OPPD Risks, Safety, Help
Resources for Businesses and Organizations Impacted by Flooding:
Greater Omaha Chamber/U.S. Chamber
Better Business Bureau
Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief for Individuals and Businesses
Business Plan Tip Sheet for Disaster Preparedness
Disaster Preparedness Guide: Is Your Business Ready for Anything?
Technology Plan Tip Sheet for Disaster Preparedness
5 Action Steps to Preparedness
Disaster Resilience Scorecard for Cities
- Current Declared Disaster List
- Disaster Recovery: A Guide to SBA’s Disaster Assistance Programs – This self-paced guide is designed to provide an overview of SBA’s assistance programs, resources, tips, and regulations.
- Prepare for and Recover from Emergencies – Steps, checklists, and links for all kinds of emergencies.
- Apply for disaster recovery assistance
- Checklists & Toolkits
- Community Rebuilding Resources
- Disaster Declaration Process Fact Sheet
- Protecting Your Business – Information on mitigation and insurance programs through FEMA.
Nebraska Veterans Aid Fund
University of Nebraska – Omaha:
Campus Resources for Those Impacted
Emergency Assistance Fund for UNO Students, Employees Impacted
Iowa Disaster Relief:
Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance
Iowa Flooding, Verified Fundraisers, Flood-Donation Scam Warnings:
Iowa Flooding: Here’s How to Donate, Volunteer and Otherwise Help Victims in Iowa
Nebraska Disaster Relief:
Nebraska Tax Relief:
IRS Information for Nebraska Victims
*List may not be all-inclusive and is not considered an endorsement. Contact your attorney and tax provider for disaster-recovery assistance.