Whether you’re looking for the Silicon Prairie’s up-and-coming startups or you need for smart commentary on early stage venture, we’ve got you covered! We love evangelizing The Startup Collaborative methodology to the next startup founder or innovator. You could say we’re radical about it.
For media inquiries, please contact Jill Bruckner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we do
The Startup Collaborative is a pre-seed investment fund that radically improves the odds of success for entrepreneurs who aim to build a high-growth, software-centric companies in the Midwest. As soon as an entrepreneur spots a problem worth solving, The Startup Collaborative supports all stages of business development from finding initial product-market fit to working through the challenges of early scale.
Entrepreneurs in the program earn their way to incentives that include angel investment capital, staffing support, subsidized office space and access to one of the midwest’s most connected venture networks.
The Startup Collaborative, established in 2017, is the evolution of a three-way merge between a traditional 90-day accelerator, an incubator and a community building organization.
No strangers to the venture space, Cofounders Nathan Preheim and Erica Wassinger have both dealt with divvying out funds and receiving venture capital. Having what they would describe as extremely good role coverage, they have aligned the broader community to their ambitious goals for the startup region. They are joined in their mission by an accomplished array of adjuncts. We are proud to be supported by some of the midwest’s most innovative backers. The Startup Collaborative is a program of Greater Omaha Chamber.
Some of our initiatives
Our crown jewel is most certainly our proprietary methodology that helps founders go from idea to scale, but you may have seen our other efforts like…
The NE->T Society, a speakeasy series offering attendees immersive experiences in AR/VR, Voice Technology, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies and AI/Machine Learning.
Breakthrough Weekend, a sprint series that helps innovators rapidly move from problem identification, solution formation and prototype development.
All Rise Rallies, a fixture in our ecosystem, these social hours celebrate the small wins along the way to ultimate business success.
Recent News Coverage
Enjoy the latest media stories on The Startup Collaborative and our entrepreneurs. To see what we’re saying about our entrepreneurs, visit our microblog.
- Wassinger Works to Improve Climate for Startups at The Startup Collaborative // TSC cofounder Erica Wassinger featured in Midlands Business Journal
- Blockchain: What it is. What it does. // TSC cofounder Erica Wassinger featured in B2B Magazine
- NE->T Society Blockchain Speakeasy makes Week in Ethereum News, thanks to Kyle Tut’s recap on Medium
- Why isn’t your MVP a prototype? // TSC cofounder Nathan Preheim challenges the over-building approach in Silicon Prairie News
- Startup Messaging: your story is your strategy // TSC ethos appears in Silicon Prairie News
- LEVELS 1 through 4: What are we really asking of teams // TSC’s level playing field appears in Silicon Prairie News
- The Startup Collaborative Launches First-Ever Showcase // Silicon Prairie News
- The Startup Collaborative Launches All Rise Rally Community Building Event // Silicon Prairie News
- Eliminate Zombies: Launch with 20 Customers in Sight // TSC cofounder Erica Wassinger opines on customer discovery in Silicon Prairie News
Looking for Speakers
Having Cofounders Nathan Preheim and Erica Wassinger as part of your conference or event lineup never disappoints. Their high-energy, innovation inspiring presentations will catalyze your audience to think more entrepreneurially.
Their signature presentations include
- 10 Steps to go from a Wantrapreneur to an Entrepreneur
- Spotting Problems Worth Solving: Innovation Opportunities
- The Rule of Threes: Homegrowing Startup Dealflow
Email email@example.com to request a speaking engagement.