Kayla Meyer, Manager Lincoln YPG and Morgann Freeman, Greater Omaha YP Council member testified in support of LB 627.
The Greater Omaha Chamber Young Professionals and the Greater Omaha Chamber, along with our partners at the Lincoln Chamber and Lincoln YPG, support LB 627 ensuring workplace protections for LGBTQ members of the community. On Feb. 7, members of the Greater Omaha Chamber and YP Council testified in the state legislature in support of advancing LB 627.
In supporting LB 627, we believe:
- It’s the right thing to do.
- Inclusivity means everyone.
- Passing this bill will help attract the diverse talent we desperately need
- Currently, 21 states prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. We are falling behind on this issue, and cannot affect change without your engagement.
Make your voice heard. Contact your Nebraska State Senator. (Find yours here.)
In your communication, please consider the following:
- LB 627 offers protection in the workplace from discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, much in the same way current Nebraska law offers protection on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, marital status and national origin.
- Nebraska needs to ensure our business climate is open and inclusive in order to compete for jobs and workers on a national level.
Follow along with the Lincoln Journal Star on this issue.
For more information, contact:
Andrew Prystai, GOCYP Chair
Chris Goodman, GOCYP Public Engagement Chair
Sarah Moylan, Senior Director, Talent, Greater Omaha Chamber