What were your takeaways?
March 3rd was a day we’ll never forget. From the minute we stepped into CenturyLink Center Omaha at 5:30 a.m. for set-up, to the last call at the after party – the Summit was filled with so much engagement and enthusiasm for our community’s future inspired by young professionals. It truly was a blast.
1,400+ young professionals gathered for a fun day of learning and networking – we were energized by Josh Linkner in the morning, inspired by our Change Makers over lunch and were entertained by Randi Zuckerberg in the closing session.
Though we weren’t able to attend each breakout, we have heard they included powerful discussions and brilliant takeaways from our local expert presenters. We changed up some elements of the day to keep with the “Uncharted” theme – the seating layout, our meals and some facilitated networking – all of which were very well received. THANK YOU to all of our attendees, sponsors and volunteers for making the 11th Summit such a great success. If you weren’t able to join us, check out some pictures.
As a planning team our hope was to shape the day around you so that you could Discover Yourself and Chart Your Course. Now that we are a couple weeks out from our biggest event of the year, we want to challenge you to think about what changes – big or small – you have made to make our community collectively a better place to live, work and play – and the challenges and changes you would like to make for yourself. If you haven’t started yet it’s not too late – perhaps you’ll find a spark of inspiration by joining us at other GOYP events we have all year.
Let’s now look to the future! Save the date for the 2017 YP Summit on March 9. Planning will begin soon to build a powerful day of education, inspiration, connection and fun. So, here’s what we ask because the Summit is created for YOU and we want to kick it up a notch year after year:
- Attend a GOYP event in 2016 to stay connected, continue the momentum and get involved
- If you’re interested in serving on the 2017 Summit planning team or learning more about the Summit, reach out to the YP Summit Chair Allison Schorr.
- Fill out the feedback survey so we have your open and honest thoughts on how we can give you more of what you love, and change what you’d like to see in a new way.
- Check out the YP Survey Results. We presented these at the Summit and featured them at our YP Council Hub (thank you for filling out so many post it notes with your dreams for our community – we loved that!) – but want you to have a chance to delve a bit deeper.
- Reach out to at least two new connections you made on March 3. This is very important! We know one of the reasons you come to the Summit – and your organizations support you to attend – is to network. Don’t miss the chance to make a new business connection, follow up with someone who is involved in something you’d like to check out (maybe one of our Change Makers or a Breakout Speaker you heard?!?), or just to make a new friend.
We were honored to represent the YP’s in our community in planning this event. Thank you for making it such a meaningful experience for all involved – and thank you to the Greater Omaha Chamber for hosting this annual event that is fast becoming a community tradition recognized across the country. Omaha YP’s are definitely Uncharted!
Lindsey Spehn, 2016 YP Summit Chair
Allison Schorr, 2016 YP Summit Vice Chair & 2017 YP Summit Chair