Nominations Due for Omaha Business Hall of Fame
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Honor those who've made Omaha – Greater Omaha.
Have someone in mind that you would like to nominate? Nominations for the 2018 Omaha Business Hall of Fame honorees are now open!
Preview the full PDF application here.
For some, their names are as recognizable as a leading household brand, for others, their work stands as a testament to their innovative thinking or never-say-never commitment to their business, industry and the community. Every year, past and present outstanding Omaha-area business leaders become part of the Omaha Business Hall of Fame at a gala event.
Initiated in 1993 as part of the Greater Omaha Chamber's centennial anniversary, the Hall of Fame event includes hors d'oeuvres dinner, induction ceremony and dessert. Achievements are then showcased in a permanent display at The Durham Museum.
- Individuals from large and small businesses and persons who have made an outstanding contribution to the free enterprise system will be considered. The individual may be the founder or someone who contributed significantly to company development. Civic and/or philanthropic activities are relevant but not the primary factor in selection.
- The Omaha Business Hall of Fame selection committee seeks individuals representing a wide range of races and ethnicities who have demonstrated exceptional business leadership within their community.
- The laureates may or may not currently hold the position in which they achieved major success and for which they are being honored.
- To be considered, nominees must have resided in the Greater Omaha area. Anyone who has left the above-mentioned area but made a significant contribution while a resident may also be considered.
- To be considered, nominees from a profession must have made an outstanding contribution to business -- for example, a lawyer who practiced corporate law and served on corporate boards.
Todd A. Becker, President and CEO, Green Plains Inc.
Leo Bozell (1886-1946), Co-Founder and Partner, Bozell & Jacobs, Inc.
Morris Jacobs (1895-1987), Co-Founder and Partner, Bozell & Jacobs, Inc.
Edson L. Bridges II, President and CEO, Bridges Investment Counsel, Inc.
Jim Clifton, Chairman and CEO, Gallup
Jane Miller, Chief Operating Officer, Gallup
PJ Morgan, Owner and CEO, PJ Morgan Real Estate
For a list of all Omaha Business Hall of Fame members, click here.
For more information about the Omaha Business Hall of Fame, contact Christine Fortier.
Thank you to our sponsors: Fraser Stryker PC LLO | KPMG LLP | U.S. Bank